Donate and help us Nourish Lives
Without our amazing donors, our mission would not be complete.
Volunteer Opportunities at Loaves and Fishes of Contra Costa
We are serving takeaway meals from our 5 dining rooms. We have an ongoing need for volunteers in our Dining Rooms and Central kitchen in Pittsburg. We have weekend opportunities in both Martinez and Pittsburg. Please contact email@example.com for updated information.
Loaves and Fishes is a 501C3 non-profit organization founded in 1983. The mission of Loaves and Fishes of Contra Costa is to provide community based food programs and partner services that focus on basic needs.
We are the largest provider of hot meals to the hungry in Contra Costa County, serving over 281,000 hot meals and distributing 259 tons of groceries last fiscal year from our five dining room locations.
Dining Room Volunteers
Our Dining Room Volunteer shifts are:
- Monday through Friday shifts available at the Dining Rooms located in Oakley, Antioch and Walnut Creek/Trinity Center.
- Monday through Sunday shifts available at the Martinez and Pittsburg Dining Rooms.
Click here to find out more about Dining Room tasks.
Central Kitchen Volunteers
The Central Kitchen in Pittsburg needs volunteers to assist our Head Chef prepare more than 1,500 meals every day. Shifts run from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, 7 days per week. Click here for more information on what to expect.
Grocery Store Delivery Volunteers
Here is an opportunity for someone that is available weekday mornings to pick up grocery donations from local grocery stores for Loaves and Fishes of Contra Costa. This opportunity involves lifting up to 30+ lbs., loading and unloading boxes; must have a valid driver’s license and insurance, a truck, or vehicle that would hold a large load.
Phone receptionist – Virtual Opportunity
Loaves and Fishes of Contra Costa is looking for volunteers to work from home answering our phones. You will log into our phone system remotely and have a script to respond to inquiries. Shifts 9:00 am to 2:00 pm PST; Monday thru Friday.
Special Event Volunteers
Event volunteers perform a variety of tasks to help make our events fun and successful for our supporters. If you enjoy assisting at fundraising events, please review our Upcoming Events web page to learn more about volunteering opportunities.
- Please download and read our Volunteer Policies and Waivers document, to learn more about our volunteering guidelines.
- Review our FAQ for more information.
- Children under 12 years old are not allowed to volunteer. Any volunteer older than 12 but younger than 18 years old must have a parent or guardian present in order to volunteer.
- Due to the vulnerable population we serve, all volunteers must be fully vaccinated and submit documentation prior to volunteering. All Volunteers must wear a mask when interacting with clients until further notice. Masks may be required for all staff and volunteers depending on community levels of COVID 19.
- Antioch: 403 W. 6th St, American Legion Hall, 10:00am to 1:00pm (M-F)
- Martinez: 835 Ferry Street, off Green, 9:30am to 1:00pm (7 days/week)
- Oakley: 1403 N. Main Street, 10:15am to 1:00pm (M-F)
- Pittsburg: 1415 Simpson Ct, off East Leland, 9:30am to 1:00pm (7 days/week)
- Walnut Creek: 1888 Trinity Avenue, 11am to 1:30pm. (M-F)
- Central Kitchen: 510 Garcia Ave, Unit H, Pittsburg, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm Monday through Friday or 7:30am to 10:30am Saturday and Sunday.