Donate and help us Nourish Lives
Without our amazing donors, our mission would not be complete.
Volunteer Opportunities at Loaves and Fishes of Contra Costa
Due to Covid -19 Pandemic, Volunteer opportunities are limited. The LFCC Volunteer Manager will send out emails when Volunteers are needed. Please call our Administrative Office for updates.
Loaves and Fishes is a 501C3 non-profit organization founded in 1983. The mission of Loaves and Fishes of Contra Costa is to provide community based food programs and partner services that focus on basic needs.
We are the largest provider of hot meals to the hungry in Contra Costa County, serving over 251,000 hot meals this fiscal year in five dining rooms.
Dining Room Volunteers
Our Dining Room Volunteer shifts are Monday through Friday, at our four dining room locations in Antioch, Martinez, Oakley and Pittsburg. Click here to find out more about Dining Room tasks.
Central Kitchen Volunteers
The Central Kitchen in Pittsburg needs volunteers to assist our Head Chef prepares 1,400 meals every day. Shifts run from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
Click here for more information on what to expect.
Special Event Volunteers
Our fundraising events are essential to help us meet our budget. If you enjoy assisting at events, please review our Upcoming Events web page to learn more about volunteering opportunities.
- Central Kitchen volunteer shifts are Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Please give us 24-hour notice if you can’t make the shift you signed up for.
- Know our dress code, which you can find in our Volunteer Waiver document.
- No one under the age of 12 can work in the Dining Room.
- Antioch: 403 W. 6th St, American Legion Hall, 10:00am to 1:00pm
- Martinez: 835 Ferry Street, off Green, 9:30am to 1:15pm
- Oakley: 1403 N. Main Street, 10:15am to 1:00pm
- Pittsburg: 1415 Simpson Ct, off East Leland, 9:30am to 1:15pm
- Walnut Creek: 1888 Trinity Avenue, 11am to 1:30pm.
- Central Kitchen: 510 Garcia Ave, Unit H, Pittsburg, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm