Thank you for checking out our job postings. Loaves and Fishes of Contra Costa is a great place to work. The mission of Loaves and Fishes of Contra Costa is to provide community-based food programs and partner services that focus on basic needs. We nourish lives!
Please check back soon…
Position: Development Director
Reports To: Executive Director, Development and External Relations
Job Type: 30 hours/wk
Salary Range: $75,000.00 – $85,000.00 Annually
Reporting to the Executive Director, Development and External Relations, the Development Director serves as a key member of the organization. In partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director is responsible for creating development plans that raise public awareness, facilitate donor fundraising, and raise revenue to pursue the organization’s strategic goals. They will be responsible for cultivating and leveraging key relationships and contacts with individuals, foundations, and philanthropists to build a loyal donor base, ensure engaged donors, and secure major gifts. In addition, the Development Director is responsible for positioning and overall branding of the organization and develops and implements a communications strategy to support organizational goals.
- Oversee all grant writing and grant reporting responsibilities including research, proposal writing, and working across teams for reporting and compliance purposes.
- Provide oversight and assistance to the Grant writing staff on proposal revision, verify proposal compliance and offer advice based on knowledge and past experience with the funder/grant.
- Track funding grants to ensure compliance, timely reporting, and renewal opportunities.
- Maintain timely communications and establish working relationships with foundations and public entities that fund Loaves and Fishes of Contra Costa.
- Strengthen the organization’s overall fundraising capacity.
- Responsible for donor giving and increasing corporate sponsorship for all fundraising events
- Responsibility for the design and implementation of the annual appeal program and cultivate targeted individual, corporate and foundation philanthropic support.
- Lead the development team to develop and execute long-term fund development strategies, target potential major donors, foundations and corporate partners, and articulate support for fighting food insecurity.
- Provide staff leadership for development with the Board of Directors. Work closely with the Fundraising and Marketing Committee and the Executive Director to create and implement the fundraising strategy.
- Oversee quarterly newsletters and other marketing materials to donors (annual report, event invitations, etc.)
- Create major donor communications, as well as donor and grant presentations.
- Supervising and directing Grants and Communications Manager and Development Coordinator
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to board and senior leaders. Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; demonstrated ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Experience developing annual development goals and objectives. Was responsible for creating processes, culture and organizational infrastructure to successfully execute against short and long-term fundraising goals.
- Proven track record and enthusiasm for fundraising, grant writing, event planning, communications, program management, collaborating, team-building and community.
- Demonstrated success working with Foundations, Corporations, Employee Giving Programs, and Individual giving campaigns and is dedicated to making a difference is required.
- Experience with a donor database/CRM management application (experience with Donorperfect a plus) used for development donor tracking and reporting is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 8 years of demonstrated success in development and fundraising and 3 -5 years of proven work experience as a Development Director or similar role in nonprofit organizations.
- Superior persuasive oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated experience writing correspondence, reports, proposals, and other fundraising materials.
- Exemplary organizational skills, including ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and prioritize assignments. Meticulous attention to detail including excellent proofreading and copyediting skills.
- Preferred candidates can demonstrate effective and successful leadership in all the following areas: major donor cultivation, special events management, capital campaigns, grant writing, government funding, planned giving, communications management, email, and direct mail solicitation. Able to research and develop funding opportunities.
- Ability to use discretion and diplomacy in dealing with donors, Board members, staff, volunteers and colleagues.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Able to assist the organization to develop strategic direction.
- Solid knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel and Google Suite; Strong working knowledge of a constituent relationship management (CRM) system or donor database. DonorPerfect is highly preferred. Experience with Greater Giving or other event planning software.
This position requires the employee to be able to travel efficiently to all five dining rooms located throughout Contra Costa County, travel to fundraising workshops, work both remotely and on-site. COVID 19 Vaccination required.
Please send your resume and cover letter and references, including salary requirements, availability for interviews, and preferred start date to: firstname.lastname@example.org.