Thank you for checking out our job postings. Loaves and Fishes of Contra Costa is a great place to work. The mission of Loaves and Fishes of Contra Costa is to provide community-based food programs and partner services that focus on basic needs. We nourish lives!
We are currently looking for the following position:
- Assistant Dining Room Manager
Please email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Status: $16/hour; 15 hours a week, Monday-Friday
Hours: 10:30am – 1:30pm
Location: 835 Ferry Street, Martinez
Overview: The Assistant Dining Room Manager (Asst. DRM) is responsible for all aspects of the operations of the dining room under the supervision and direction from the Dining Room Manager (DRM). Loaves and Fishes of Contra Costa exists to nourish/feed the hungry of Contra Costa. Our guests deserve to dine in an atmosphere of dignity and respect. We strive to serve a hot, nutritious meal to all who are hungry and desire a meal. With the supervision of the DRM, the Asst. DRM will ensure that the meals are served by volunteers in a friendly manner and that the dining room is clean and operating smoothly on a daily basis.
Duties and responsibilities include: Reporting to the DRM
- Arrive to your position on time. Remain on site until the meal is secured and the facility is cleaned and in order. Follow the approved schedule.
- Make coffee for clients as directed by DRM.
- Assist in setting up the volunteers for service. Assist in providing all food and supplies as needed. Learn to brief volunteers on what is expected.
- Ensure that all volunteers sign in sheet to comply with disaster preparedness. In the event of an emergency, it will be the DRM’s responsibility to take a head count and know who was in the building. Be prepared to briefly explain the duties and procedures. Emphasize food safety and monitor volunteers while working with food products. Keep hot food hot and cold food cold.
- Monitor volunteers on table/chair set up, dessert preparation and readiness of the dining room for food service.
- Meal service begins at 11:00 a.m. sharp. Remind volunteers to welcome our guests, and the Asst. DRM, other staff and volunteers should be reminded to treat all guests with dignity, courtesy and professionalism, even if you are not being shown that same respect.
- Monitor the dining facility so that guests are following Loaves and Fishes rules for the dining room. If behavior is not acceptable by our standards, for either a guest or a volunteer, handle the situation in a professional manner (involving the DRM), and if necessary, ask that diner or volunteer to leave our facility.
- Monitor that meal service is running smoothly and correct problems as they arise. Ensure clients are not hanging around outside and that all garbage is picked up around building and in neighbors’ yards.
- Meal Service ends and doors are closed promptly at 12:45 p.m. (no earlier).
- With the volunteers help, ensure that your facility is cleaned, all items are stored in the proper location, all floors are swept and mopped as required. Ensure that all food service equipment is stowed, and all chairs/tables are stowed. Make sure the facility is cleaned as required and ready for the next day. Make sure all trash is emptied and the storage areas are clean and secure.
- Make sure all ovens are off, lights are off, appliances are unplugged, sinks, floors and any drains are clean.
- Close and lock all facility doors and set alarm (if appropriate) at the end of shift.
Dress code: LFCC name badge, shirt and/or apron
Long pants, closed toed shoes, shirts with sleeves and long hair must be put up or tied back off the face.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time to move freely about a kitchen, dining room site or office area.
- Must have the ability to stoop, bend, twist and stretch to accomplish tasks in kitchen food storage, dining room storage or office storage.
- Because we are a feeding program, all staff must have the ability to grip, hold and feel temperature, both warm and cold with both hands. Ability to grip and hold a knife, kitchen utensil, dining room utensil or office supplies/equipment for extended periods of time.
- Required to wear safety equipment for performing jobs such as back braces, safety goggles, masks or other equipment as required for the assigned tasks.
- Will follow all LFCC policies including but not limited to volunteer policies, sexual harassment and Federal/State or City mandated policy as required.
- As part of our safety policies, agrees to report all unsafe conditions to your immediate supervisor (DRM) for action and information.
- Make incident reports on all violation of posted rules and assist DRM in enforcing posted rules.
- Agrees to report all injuries, however slight from any staff member, including yourself to the DRM by the end of the same business day that the injury occurred. Documentation of these injuries is critical.
- Maintain a current food safety certificate.